Fix-it..
Fix-it.., Commercial Transport Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as Class A Motor Home chassis specialist.
35815791

I have a 2012 40 Tiffin Phaeton QBH. Yesterday, a warning

Customer Question

I have a 2012 40 Tiffin Phaeton QBH. Yesterday, a warning displayed "water in fuel". On researching, I found that I am supposed to be draining the fuel-water separator daily.
However, I cannot locate the separator
Category: RV
Expert:  Fix-it.. replied 3 months ago.
Good morning
Yes on a motorhome they put them anywhere the best way to find it is trace the fuel lines along the frame to the engine, some of them are actually mounted at the frame. The filter with the water in fuel sensor in it will have 2 wires. And at the bottom of the filter their will be a drain. Open it until liquid comes out and catch with a bucket. It will look like cloudy liquid and then turn into that nice diesel colour.. Now if you haven't done that filter in a while then consider replacing it, good luck and let me know how you do.