Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Our fridge and microwave are not working. Everything else is

Customer Question

Our fridge and microwave are not working. Everything else is fine. We were told it was probably our inverter? Where is this located on a 2006 Newmar Essex ?
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert....

Try looking outside near the house batteries, it could be in a compartment next the batteries or in one of the outdoor storage compartments, normally they will stick the inverter outside, look for a vented panel that you can remove as well, many times they will use a vent cover on the panel the inverter is behind for air flow. One of the battery cables will go directly to the inverter and in between will be a large fuse mounted to the chassis frame.

As far as your issue it very well could be a tripped breaker on the inverter, also if you have mot done so go around and make sure you do not have a tripped GFI, these will be outlets with a test and reset on them, they like to stick them in the bathroom and or galley but can be anywhere else including the outside so check and make sure you do not have one hiding.. IF you still have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

Hi... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.....

Robert