Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have a 2015 Era sprinter. The Generater works great and

Customer Question

I have a 2015 Era sprinter. The Generater works great and starts right up. The problem is the Automatic Power Transfer Switch does not kick in. There is no power to the Sprinter. When conected via shoreline everything works well.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert....

Make sure the breaker(s) on the generator are not tripped, most all generators will have at least one or two breakers on them, some generators you need to remove a side panel to get to the breakers.

IF you do not have a tripped breaker then I would find the TS and see if you are getting AC power going into it, if you have AC power going in and nothing coming out then it has failed and would need to be replaced, they can fail on the shore side or generator side and when they do you will get NO AC power at all inside the RV. The key will be to see if the TS is getting the AC power from the generator. I also see this is a 2015 if it is still under warranty I would let the dealer take a look at this... IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating at the top of the page, it is the only way I get credit fro helping.... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 3 months ago.

Hi... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.....

Robert