Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.

I had to push a reset button before in my 2001 four winds

Customer Question

I had to push a reset button before in my 2001 four winds motorhome. It's been so long I can't find it again located in my engine. I need it reset as this happen once before to run off my auxiliary batteries. I'm upset with myself cause I can't find it. I know it was very hard to find the first time
JA: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?
Customer: That's all good. I just need to find the reset button in the engine.
JA: What is the model of your '05 RV?
Customer: It's 01 ford
Four Winds
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: All I need is to know where the reset button is please. It is the same thing that happen before and I was told it's "A Ford Thing".I just can't remember where the button is and it's a real small button
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

Are you talking about the inertia switch?

Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

Most of those are located down under the dash on the passenger's side kick panel. It varies from model to model. Let me know if that isn't the location and I can look into this for you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No I had to do this before this is the thing ford does. It's a very tiny reset button under the hood, I just so mad at myself for not marking it or writing it down where I found it. I was just hoping to save time and you knew
Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

They can be most anywhere. I will opt out of this and see if another tech knows on this year and model.