Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

Back to the 1999 Rexair. Having problems with my generac np

Customer Question

Back to the 1999 Rexair. Having problems with my generac np 66g. Working last night, shut it down early this morning. Now no response on remote in cab start or start on genny itself. Gas, rv tank is full, one breaker was tripped, fuse ok. Reset everything, still no response. House batteries about 3/4 full. Any ideas? Oh, it's about a 100 degrees here, too! Thanks, Joe
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 4 months ago.

Do you have the Owner's Manual for this? When you say "House batteries about 3/4 full" what does that mean here?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.

owners manual is no help, no information. House batteries are charged to about 3/4 capacity

Expert:  Randall replied 4 months ago.

I suspect that this is a battery issue and that would be the first thing to check. Be sure they are full of water and if they are over 3 years old there is a good chance they need replacement. They may have a damaged cell. Check the cable connections as well. Batteries that are failing and dirty cables account for about 70% of the problems we see here on site for electrical issues. Don't neglect the ground cable to the chassis.....either from the genset or the batteries. Then get back to me if we need to go further into this as all follow ups are included.

Expert:  Randall replied 4 months ago.

Just checking back in to see if you were able to resolve this issue or do you still need some additional input from me here?