Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.

I have no power plugged in except to the microwave, new

Customer Question

I have no power plugged in except to the microwave, new battery, all fuses are good and have checked the panel breakers, all good
JA: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?
Customer: consistant
JA: What is the model/year of your RV?
Customer: Palomino, have to check year, I think 2011 or 12
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Hoping myself, just check all connections
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I suspect the control module, but no
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert.....

Need to know if you missing ALL the AC power, the microwave is AC power, do you have power at all your outlets?

Are you using any adapters or extension cords on the main cord or are you plugging in direct with no cords or adapters?

This might take some going back and forth, follow ups are included.... Robert

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
ac outlets are working
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
using an adaptor from 15amp
Expert:  Robert replied 2 months ago.

SO just so I am clear are you plugging into a standard house hold outlet? Any extension cords involved, sorry have to ask this to start...

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
residential outlet, 15 amp service with an adapter. 1 extension
Expert:  Robert replied 2 months ago.

I am going to respond but it will take me a few mins to type everything out.....

Respond shortly... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 2 months ago.

Just so you know when you step down like that using an extension cord you can have line loss and items may not work properly. The extension cord might also heat up, the shorter the cord the better if you are going to do that. I would right away find a source and hook up using no cords and see if everything works, the cords can cause issues.

IF that is not the problem and you have all your AC voltage it sounds like a breaker or converter issue. The power converter will take the incoming AC voltage and make the DC voltage, should also charge your battery. The power converter will be part of the main breaker/fuse panel or stand alone and plug into an outlet, they can be located anywhere, under the stove, fridge etc..... Sometimes on the cable from the converter to battery they will use a breaker, below is a picture, as a general rule it would be 18" from the battery IF you have one. Most have a tiny tab that pops out when they trip, the DC voltage on each side should be close to chassis ground.

Other problem is if the converter failed, IF you have the make and model of that please let me know, I may be able to assist you more...

Hope this helps..... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 2 months ago.

Hi... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me....