peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.

Lost my Jayco Jayflight entry door key at the river. Dealer

Customer Question

lost my Jayco Jayflight entry door key at the river. Dealer gave me a red "master key" but want to make a copy or find replacement keys for my trailer in case of emergency. Any suggestions where I can get them?
JA: Do you have a backup key? Maybe the emergency kind that fits in your wallet?
Customer: afraid not. I bought the travel trailer used from a dealer in Hurricane, Utah and he did not have one either.
JA: What is the model/year of your RV?
Customer: 2007 Jayco Jay Flight 25 RKS
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Took the master key in to regular hardware store to have copy made, three times, but none of the replacement keys work on the door lock.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: should I just have the door locks replaced or can I get a replacement key some other way?
Category: RV
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In this case here unfortunately you either need to have a lock smith come out and remove the cylinder and make a key for you off of the cylinder coding or have the lock replaced with a new key obtained for the new lock.Usually one cannot be obtained that fits your exact model unless it is made by a lock smith.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete