Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

Can't count on my endeavor starting when i want it, replaced

Customer Question

Can't count on my endeavor starting when i want it, replaced alternator, looking at the ignition switch, turn the key to on doesn't light up the dash, can this be a switch problem or should i look at solenoid? Where do you begin....
JA: Soon. I'm trying to find the right RV Mechanic for you right now. As soon as they are ready, I will let you know. Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs? What year is your Endeavor?
Customer: 01, 330 cummins diesel pusher, new batteries showing 13.7 volts, been an electrical nightmare since i've purchased it..
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: new alternator, all fuses show good with test light,
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: dead man switch works, i didn't put batteries in so could this be a problem with the way they are wired....looks odd to me...2 12 volt batteries
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 7 months ago.

Always start with the batteries and cablesl. If the batteries are over 3 years old there is a good chance they may need replacing. Load testing is the only sure way to tell. Dirty cables with heavy corrosion can be a problem and a dirty ground to the chassis as well. Let me know about the battery wiring and attach a photo of that to your post if you can so I can see what you have there. All follow ups are included in our fee.

Expert:  Randall replied 7 months ago.

Just checking back in to see if perhaps you missed my earlier response to your question here? Please get back to me if we need to dig deeper into the problem or if you were able to resolve this issue. Thanks!