Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

The frig part still works but the freezer part is not

Customer Question

The frig part still works but the freezer part is not freezing well. The display blinks dc and Lo Model # N641R
JA: What is the model/year of your RV?
Customer: I don't know the year Model N641R
JA: What year is your RV?
Customer: 07 - but I was told the frig was new when I bought it in 07
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Have not done anything
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 8 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert.....

The key is the code, the DC LO means the fridge is seeing low DC voltage, the fridge requires good DC voltage to operate. SO the first step is to see what the voltage is on the back of the fridge, if it is under 11.5 volts the fridge may not run properly. Click HERE for a service manual and it will tell you what the code is and what to check, if you do have under 11.5 volts then you could have an issue with the converter if you are plugged in or the battery is low and I would have that load tested to make sure it is in good condition. The circuit board requires good DC voltage to run properly... Hope this helps some. IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating at the top of the page, it is the only way I get credit for helping... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 8 months ago.

If you want to check some things out and get back to me that is fine, follow ups are included, you will need a volt meter.....

Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 8 months ago.

Hi... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me....

Robert