Chris (aka-Moose), RV Mechanic
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Fleet bounder vibration in steering wheel when a load is put

Customer Question

Fleet wood bounder vibration in steering wheel when a load is put on motor at higher speeds
Category: RV
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
99 bounder says on you tube that u joints that are damaged were lose when grabbing ,can they be damaged even if you can not move them
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Call me(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Well are you going to respond
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 9 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

The only way to check the driveshaft joints is to remove the driveshaft and bend the joints in all directions to see if there sloppy or if they are hard to bend. They can not be checked while the shaft is mounted. Are you sure this is not a engine misfire that you are feeling or a possibly toque converter shudder? Is this a constant vibration when it occurs or is it brief?

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a great experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am contacting you because the post has not been closed out/completed.
  • It appears you were not pleased with my help.
  • If more assistance is needed, reply and let me know, also let me know what it is you're needing to be pleased.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I never know it.)
  • You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, and I do not want you to leave having paid for something that did not meet your wants/needs and myself not receiving a feedback selection from yourself.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Was a misfire,had to stop at an rv shop and they fixed it.you got back to me to late.but I am still having a a lot of sterring wheel problems,you can call me at(###) ###-####

Glad you found it to be a misfire like I mentioned on the 2nd.

What kind of steering wheel concerns are you having?