peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.

1984 shasta motorhome, e-350. no power to anything, but

Customer Question

1984 shasta motorhome, e-350. no power to anything, but headlights
JA: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?
Customer: nothing
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i made sure the batteries are charged,replaced the ignition switch,
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: i think my dad tried jumping and had the cables switched, but he did it on the rv battery
Category: RV
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I would check all fuses for any issues with a blown fuse needing replaced.Check at the starter and alternator for any fusible link wires that may be shorted out needing replaced as well.One of these will usually short out with an incorrect jump start needing replaced.If this has already been checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete