Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have a Dometic Royale Model RM3862. It keeps blowing the

Customer Question

I have a Dometic Royale Model RM3862. It keeps blowing the 30 AMP fuse. Repair person has replaced the fuse box, the thermocouple and the circuit board for the controls. Still not working. He is going to take it out tomorrow to work on it. Any suggestions that might help. I live in my RV so need this frig badly.
JA: Have you checked the manual yet? Most vehicles have two fuse panels.
Customer: Yes
JA: What is the model/year of your RV?
Customer: 1997 Gulfstream Sunseeker
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Repair man has replaced the circuit board for the fuses, the circuit board for the control panel and the thermocoupler.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I was away for 3 weeks and there was a power outage due to thunder storms and a road construction event. It was working fine before I left. I have a surge protector on the whole Motorhome.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 6 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert......

IS this the fuse on the circuit board for the fridge OR is this fuse inside the RV with other fuses?

Robert

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Circuit board for the frig.
Expert:  Robert replied 6 months ago.

OK

The 30 or 35 amp fuse is used for the DC side, a fridge will be LP, AC and there is an option for DC. The AC and DC power use a heating element that goes to the the flue canister, if the DC heating element was bad it could short out the fuse on the board. To see if that is the case the tech can disconnect the DC wires going from the canister to the circuit board, if the fuse does NOT blow then the element is the entire problem. The DC element can be ohmed out, click HERE and see page 14. IF it was blowing the fuse for the AC side then you could disconnect the AC element and see if the fuse blows, the manual should help some.... IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me. IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating, it is the only way I get credit for helping..... Robert

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I passed the info onto my mechanic. He will be here in the morning. I appreciate your quick response. I won't be able to rate it if your advice works. Thanks
Expert:  Robert replied 6 months ago.

Sounds good... Have a good evening.....

Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 6 months ago.

Hi... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me...

Robert