Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.

Why is my water not emptying? The indicator reads 2/3 full.

Customer Question

Why is my gray water not emptying? The indicator reads 2/3 full. Black water is OK.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert....

Each tank should have a termination valve that you have to pull out on, I looked in your manual and did not see any special instructions nor does it mention a separate tank for the galley. Sometimes you will find two tanks for the grey water, if that was the case you would be getting something coming out the discharge if you open ALL the faucets up. IF nothing at all is coming out I suspect you might have a bad valve. It has a gate on it and should open when you pull on it and shut when you push on the valve. One way to tell if the valve is not opening is try and run something up the discharge such as a coat hangar, mark the coat hangar where it stops, then open the valve and see if the hangar goes up further into the pipe.

IF you find out you get water coming out when you open some of the fixtures but not others you might have a separate tank for the galley, look behind the main discharge for another valve. Might need the dealer to take a look at this if it is a 2016. Any issues should be covered under warranty... Hope this helps some, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 2 months ago.

Hi... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me...

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Turns out Robert that my gray water has to travel a long way to get to the discharge port so Coachman put in two release valves. One is at the rear drivers side and the other under and behind the black water valve (hard to reach and see if you're not looking) toward the front driver side. So, you did come up with some answers , they did not give me my answer this time. I had to call Coachman in Indiana. Please do not charge me as I was under the impression that this was a free trial and did not understand that I was signing up for a monthly service.
Expert:  Robert replied 2 months ago.

No problem at all, I will request a refund for you.... Robert