Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.

I have a 2013 coachman Castilia 28ft model 263with 1slide

Customer Question

I have a 2013 coachman Castilia 28ft model 263with 1slide which is the kitchen my problem. The sink drain hose to the galley holding tank comes off evert time I put the slide in or out It has a 1 1/2" hose which does not bend good the dealer has not been much help called the factory told no replacement other than what I have looking for ideas
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert.....

Can you send me a few pictures of that drain hose? I would like to have a better idea of what you are dealing with, should be able to use the paper clip icon to add some photos into your reply. IF you need some time to do that it is fine, I am around daily... Robert

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am sending pictures of the ends of the drain. One side is the under sink side, the other is where drain goes into grey water tank for kitchen sink. Gray flex hose was attached to these two fixed pieces of pipe with black electrical tape. I believe the hose is too long and missing some kind of fitting that would attach to fixed ends.
Expert:  Robert replied 2 months ago.

I see the threaded black ABS piping, is that directly under the slide-room and it runs to the other side? IS that the point where the flex hose was attached?IS that the slide-room directly above where is the hose coming off at when you run the room? Want to have a good idea of what is going on.... One possible problem is they have that black ABS pipe clamped down, normally the pipes need to move with the room. IF the room is not hitting it at all what I might do is get a coupling that will screw onto both pipes with a nipple and you can clamp the hose at the coupling with a hose clamp.

IF the room is hitting the flex pipe i might try and drop that one pipe down that has the plumbers tape on it but still try and use the coupling with a nipple and hose clamp.

Electrical tape is not ideal at all to hold the connections together. You should be able to adapt something that screws on and has a straight pipe on that, then you can use a rubber coupling with some clamps on both sides. IF you think this would not work please let me know, I can only go off what I am seeing, and not sure what is causing that flex hose to pop off..... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 2 months ago.

Hi... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me....