Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have a 2005 fleetwood expo and the refrigerator is not

Customer Question

I have a 2005 fleetwood expo and the refrigerator is not cooling, the freezer is currently at 15 f and the refer section is at 50. I am traveling from kansas city missouri and am currently in la veta colorado elev 8000. don't know if this part of my problem
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert....

What is the make and model of the fridge.....

Robert

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
norcold 1200LRIM
Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

Generally speaking you could have issues running it on LP above 5500' but it should not affect the AC side. So I might check the thermistor to start, if the thermistor test good then you could have an issue with the cooling unit. The thermisor can be ohmed out, click HERE and see page 17, the connector is inside the fridge, if you do not have a volt meter what you can try and do is unplug that connector and the fridge should default to full cooling, if it does cool then bad thermistor. IF it does not cool I might try at a lower elevation and see what happens if you get the same results it sounds like the cooling unit.

IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

Hi... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me....

Robert