gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry

I am getting a ecu 128 message but cannot find the override

Customer Question

I am getting a ecu 128 message but cannot find the override switch to capture the code. It is a cummins engine with a freightliner chassis on a 2005 Tiffin allegro front diesel 300hp
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Heavy Equipment Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: thanks
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Heavy Equipment Mechanic should know?
Customer: the batteries will not stay up-I replaced them 6 mo ago, and just riturned from a 5000 mile trip. I just changed the oil and filter on both the engine and generator, and checked the air cleaners.It ran fine last week, but is now showing no voltage and no oil pressure but I did get it started but cannot restart.
Category: RV
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. Try Key on, cruise off and hold set/resume switch untill the engine light flashes the 3 digit code. Count the flashes with short pauses between each digit and a longer pause between codes. Let me know

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks-I tried all combinations using the cruise control, but was unable to get any codes.

Hi, thanks for the update. Did you get this resolved? Let me know. Sorry for the delay but I help on here in between jobs and I have been on the road all week with road calls. If so, Can you have it scanned for fault codes. Let me know