Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

We had our 2000 model winnebago journey with 5.9 cummins in

Customer Question

we had our 2000 model winnebago journey with 5.9 cummins in to have fuel filters replaced and they also replaced speed sensor they said was bad. when we drove away we dont have any power, engine runs fine , doesnt smoke ,just doesnt take off like it used to.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert....

I would be looking at the CAC (Charge Air Cooler) and piping, if they had to take any of that apart then you could loose boost which equals power. On the back side of the radiator is the CAC, it will have large rubber boots with clamps going to it, make sure the clamps are tight and the boots are not ripped. What you can also do is spray down the piping and CAC with some soapy water, have a second person start the RV, apply the foot brake, put in drive and idle about 800 RPMS and look for any bubbling, that would indicate a leak in the system, if it is two large of leak you would loose boost which equals power. Do NOT go over the 800 rpm mark or you can damage the drive line, you do have some room above that but 800 rpm should be good to check for leaks. Beyond that I would take it back and see if any codes are active and have them re-check the work that was done.... Hope this helps some, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.... Robert