Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.

How do you test a converter to see if it is putting out to

Customer Question

How do you test a converter to see if it is putting out to the control panel? I have checked the fuses. With the supply battery hooked to the converter I only get two or three volts with a volt meter; if I disconnect the battery lead from the control panel, I get 12 to 13 volts. Something in there is shunting the battery down to two or three volts. So, I get no power to the control panel. Everything is fine if I am running the generator. It is something in the 12 volt system. I have tried pulling fuses. It doesn't seem to make any difference.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

Didn't I just answer this question? It can be the converter is failing OR a bad battery that is shorting out. Those are the two items to check first. Then we can look at other no as likely possibilities.

Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

Just checking back in to see if you were able to get this resolved or do you still need additional input from me here?