Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.

We are not getting any Dc power in the RV. Everything that

Customer Question

We are not getting any Dc power in the RV. Everything that runs off of 120 is working AC, microwave but no water pump or lights
JA: Has the vehicle ever overheated? And when was it last serviced?
Customer: Last serviced last year
JA: What is the model/year of your RV?
Customer: 2005 travel site rustler 5 th wheel
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I was hoping there is a quick fix that I am missing while we are out camping right now
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

Sorry for the delay, the power converter will take the incoming AC voltage and make the DC voltage and charge the battery. This could be the converter or a tripped breaker, go to the battery and look for a breaker or in-line fuse, as a general rule they like to stick them 18" from the battery and it could be on the frame, most have a tiny tab on them that pops out when they trip, below is a picture. The other issue is the converter the converter will be part of the main fuse/breaker panel or stand alone and plug into an outlet, the stand alone style will have two fuses on them. Location will vary, sometimes they will be under the fridge, stove or behind the breaker panel, some 5th wheels they can also be outside near the batteries, a clue would be a panel with a vent on it... IF you have a battery disconnect switch inside near the entry door please let me know, not all RVS have them...... Hope this helps some, please feel free to follow up if needed...... Robert

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have sent a couple of pics to you. I have checked all the fuses and breakers inside the unit. I can tell you that we do have a battery disconnect which I attached a picture. The other picture looks like some sort of fuse that is about 18 inches from the battery but don't know what it is. It says 30 amp on it. I
Expert:  Robert replied 2 months ago.

That is a manual battery disconnect if you go to the other side of the switch you should have a cable going in and out of the switch, and each side should have power. Same with the 30 amp fuse or breaker hard for me to tell if it is a fuse or breaker but you should have voltage on each side. Really need a test light or meter to see what the voltage is.

I would check the battery voltage to start, plugged in you should have 12.5 volts, if you have 12.5 volts follow the cable through that switch if you have good voltage on one side and not the other then the switch is at fault, same for that 30 amp fuse/breaker.

IF you do not have a meter or test light you can get a small insulated wire and jump around that fuse/breaker and see if the power comes on, if so you know it is at fault.

A volt meter will help...... I have to run out on a service call and will respond if needed when I get back......

Expert:  Robert replied 2 months ago.

Hi.... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me....