peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.

Can't find my ign. Key. how can I hot wire a motel and

Customer Question

Can't find my ign. Key . how can I hot wire a motel and need to move it to the back
JA: Is the key stripped or worn?
Customer: No, I can't find the key
JA: What year is your Ion?
Customer: 1984 Fleetwood southwind
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, haven't worked on it
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No
Category: RV
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Unfortunately you will most likely have to contact a lock smith in your area and have them come out and either cut a new key or try and replace the cylinder or hot wire this (if they will) as all ignition systems can be somewhat different so it is difficult to say for sure from here on how this is done on this model here.If this is not an option for you or was already attempted let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,a rating of 4 or 5 is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete