HDGene
HDGene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master Technician w/L1 Advanced Drivability certifications
285738

Any ideas where to find the transmission modulator valve on

Customer Question

Any ideas where to find the transmission modulator valve on a 1992 ford four winds e350? Having a late hard shift in the lower gears but shifts fine when you do it manually. Any other ideas?
Category: RV
Expert:  HDGene replied 6 months ago.

Hello, this should be a 3 speed C6 transmission. The vacuum modulator valve would be located on the right rear corner of the transmission case, above the edge of the transmission. It will have a vacuum hose going to it. Pull of the vacuuum hose and check for any transmission fluid inside the hose, indicating a leak and check for the presence of engine vacuum at the valve while running.

Expert:  HDGene replied 6 months ago.

Hello, do you need more help with this concern?

Expert:  HDGene replied 6 months ago.

If you need more help with this concern, let me know. If I was helpful, please leave a positive rating.