Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.

I own a 1999 four winds motorhome with a generac np40g

Customer Question

I own a 1999 four winds motorhome with a generac np40g generator the man before me never used it therefore the generator only has 2 hours on it I could not keep it running because it was not producing any electricity so I jumped the fuel pump to bypass the oil sender and keep it running to check for voltage. Once I could keep it running I checked and there is no voltage. I read about a generator needing to be flashed .if this is the case how do I flash the generator .i don't have a schematic but tried to flash it from the circuit breaker no luck appreciate an answer GOD bless dave
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

I am adding a link to a free Service Manual for this model. Print this out as it will give you all you need to know and how to check for this fault. Then get back to me if you need more input or have further questions. All follow ups are included in our fee.

Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

See the various diagnostic tests and the one about producing no power is on page 26. Do those and you should be able to sort this out.

Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

Just checking back in to see if perhaps you missed my earlier responses to your question? Please get back to me if you need more input from me in order to resolve this issue. All of the follow ups and exchanges are included in our fee and a phone option is available if you think that would be more helpful here.