Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

Domestic refrigerator is warm but freezer is frozen. Help!

Customer Question

Domestic refrigerator is warm but freezer is frozen. Help! How do I check to see if the thermostat is good?
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 4 months ago.

Are you running this on LP mode or AC mode? Any difference in the cooling between the two? Check the door seals to be sure they aren't torn or dirty. And the best way to test for this once you rule out low LP pressure on gas mode is to bypass the controls and hook up the cooling unit directly to AC power. Get back to me with this information and I can tell you how to do this if needed. Rule out the other causes first. All follow ups are included in our fee.

Expert:  Randall replied 4 months ago.

Just checking back in to see if perhaps you missed my earlier response to your question? Please get back to me if you need more input from me in order to resolve this issue. All of the follow ups and exchanges are included in our fee and a phone option is available if you think that would be more helpful here.