Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.

I believe there is a leak in the seal between the drain trap

Customer Question

I believe there is a leak in the seal between the drain trap and basin in my shower. I have disconnected the P-trap and I can feel a screw nut holding the drain trap in place at that disconnect point where the P-trap was but there is no room for my hand to get the leverage to unscrew that nut. Suggestions?
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 3 months ago.

No access from any other point or underneath?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
If you mean from under the chassis, no. And from the inside, the bottom of the tub is only 6" above the floor of the floor of the bathroom. Am I relegated to extracting the tub basin from the stall?
Expert:  Randall replied 3 months ago.

I have had to do that sometimes when you get to to it. When they build these they never think anything will ever break! I have also made an access sometimes if I can do avoid taking the tub out.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Made an access? Do you mean through the underside of the chassis?
Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

It can be anywhere you need it to be to get to the area that has to be accessed. When they build these things, many times they forget that things break! Plumbing included! Most times it can be from the side or directly under the shower from a service bay. Walls in the bays can be taken down if needed. I don't think in this case it would be from under the chassis, but I haven't seen your trailer. Weigh that option against removing the tub. See which is easier and lest costly. Attach a photo or two to your post if you can as the more I can see yours, the better advice I can give and I can be more specific.