peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.
14928985

I have a chevy 3500 chassis with my motor home. Can't get

Customer Question

I have a chevy 3500 chassis with my motor home. Can't get rear parking lights or left turn signal to work.
JA: Have you checked the fuse?
Customer: Tried several fuses. Don't know if they are the right ones.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I'm supposed to leave at 6:30 am on vacation. Yikes. Tried different fuses.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Just had my CRV wired to tow. Hooked it up and now only certain lights work.
Category: RV
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 7 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Inspect the wiring that was done on the RV or vehicle and see if anything is shorted or incorrectly wired.I have seen issues with the wiring on the RV that can short out or corrode and cause this type of fault here at the trailer connection or running to the rear of the RV.I would have this inspected to see if any issues are found needing repaired or replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,a rating of 4 or 5 is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete