peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.

Im trying to locate the engine and trans brain box on my

Customer Question

hello im trying to locate the engine and trans brain box on my 1992 winnebago
service engine soon light is on and trans wont shit gears when that light is on
can you help me
Category: RV
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
shift that is
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
sometimes its on when i start the engine and sometimes and after i let it run for a while and then shut it down for a while and restart it goes off
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

On most models it is located behind the passenger side dash glove box area or under the dash.It is a large black or silver square box.If you have already checked this area and did not locate it let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,a rating of 4 or 5 is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete