Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.

We have a 2012 meridian and are stuck. We are traveling. We

Customer Question

We have a 2012 meridian and are stuck.
We are traveling. We stopped for lunch, turn off the coach, and it will not start.
We have dash lights, the generator starts and no indication that the batteries are discharged.
We have tried the boost with no response. No indication that we are getting power to the starter.
We have tried all the obvious stuff. Checked the brake; checked to make sure it is in neutral and switched from neutral, to drive, back to neutral.
We are now towed to a Kenworth shop in Poeblo, CO.
Can you offer any suggestions?
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 3 months ago.

If it turns over and won't start, chances are good that is has to do with a problem in the fuel shut-off relay. Most truck shops would know how to check that. Plenty of fuel no doubt? I usually don't work on engine questions, but didn't want to leave you hanging there. Please get back to me if you need more as all follow ups are included in our fee. Please include the engine make and model. Any other things you feel that are important please mention.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I indicated that it was not getting power to the starter. Hence it does not crank.
Expert:  Randall replied 3 months ago.

Sorry, I missed that. I would start by having them check the batteries and cables. Are you sure someone didn't accidently hit the battery disconnect switch? This happens quite frequently. IF you are sure that the batteries are "in the loop" then testing them would be next to be sure that one isn't open or shorted out. Sometimes they can fail suddenly. Happens here all the time and almost every day here on this site.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
We switched the chassie and house batteries off, set for 2 minutes then turn back on.
Still nothing.
We are getting power everywhere else.
Is there a fuse or relay
Expert:  Randall replied 3 months ago.

There probably is, but I don't have a lot of background in diesel pusher issues on engines. I will go ahead and opt out of this and allow anther tech here to offer something. I don't know when that might be as we are scattered all over the country.