Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

We have a 2005 Fleetwood Revolution and none of our 110

Customer Question

We have a 2005 Fleetwood Revolution and none of our 110 outlets work. The magnum energy box says "internal fault-1 DC". Can anyone help us. Thanks
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 4 months ago.

Most of these fault codes relate to batteries that are too discharged to function properly or are failing. Start by having them load tested and checked for internal shorts and clean the cables including the ground lead to the chassis. Then reset the inverter and hopefully this will resolve this. IF NOT, get back to me and we can do some testing. All follow ups are included in our fee.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
We were hooked up to 30 amp power last night and the power source actually went dead because of a fire. After we lost power the internal fault code came up and we have no power to any of our outlets, even when the generator is running.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Batteries are only a few months old.
Expert:  Randall replied 4 months ago.

Even brand new ones fail and so that is always the first thing we check. It may be an automatic transfer switch failure due to a short. That should be checked with a meter. It will be at the terminus of the shore cord. Lid comes off for testing.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I checked the batteries and they are good. Any other suggestions?
Expert:  Randall replied 4 months ago.

Did you check the automatic transfer switch to see if that was damaged? That takes a small digital multimeter. The cover comes off and I can direct you in that.

Expert:  Randall replied 4 months ago.

Just checking back in to see if perhaps you needed help in testing the transfer switch? Please get back to me if you need more input from me in order to resolve this issue. All of the follow ups and exchanges are included in our fee and a phone option is available if you think that would be more helpful here.