Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.

I have a Dometic NDR 1292 Refrig. in a 2000 Country Coach.

Customer Question

I have a Dometic NDR 1292 Refrig. in a 2000 Country Coach. After the refri. has been turned off for some time, ie.week and it is turned back on it take 8 to 12 hours to get down to desired temp. If you switch to gas it takes a while but not as long as it takes to cool down on 110 volts. When you go back to electric from gas the long cycle starts all over again. It finally will get down to 20 in freezer and 34 in refrig. Any idea what gives
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

It could be several things. The first thing we do in the shop is test the cooling unit and rule out any issues with that AND test the thermister to be sure it is working properly. I will get you a copy of the Service Manual for this as soon as I get to my shop and it tells you how to do the testing. You will need a small digital multimeter like you can find at most hardware stores. About $20 or so and easy to use. I can direct you in the testing. Give me about an hour.

Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

Here is the manual link. Print this out so you have it. See the section on testing the thermister. Check that first and let me know if it is in range or not. Then we can go from there.

Expert:  Randall replied 2 months ago.

Just checking back in here to see if you were able to track this down or do you still need some additional input from me here