Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

Dometic 9100 Awning: left arm is bent, need to replace with

Customer Question

Dometic 9100 Awning: left arm is bent, need to replace with left assembly part#(###) ###-####022B. What are the steps to replace?
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 8 months ago.

Not hard. Just lock the spring assembly with a cottar pin so it won't unwind when you remove the arm and then find someone (or something) to support that side while you change out the arm assembly. It just screws onto the sidewall. Once you get the new one attached and the spring assembly reattached, you pull the pin out and that is all. I have seen some where the screws holding it onto the sidewall had to either be larger diameter OR some rivets used due to damage to the sidewall when it got damaged. Hope that proves helpful here. Please get back to me if any of that isn't clear or you need more as you do this. All follow ups are included in our fee. If you Bookmark this you can return to it any time.

Expert:  Randall replied 7 months ago.

Just checking back in to see if you were able to get this resolved from the information I provided or do you still need some additional input from me here?