Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

We have a Dometic 3-burner stove in our camper which

Customer Question

We have a Dometic 3-burner stove in our camper which requires the knob of each burner to be depressed to be lit. However, when releasing the knob after being lit, the flame often goes out. It doesn't happen on all 3 burners simultaneously but each has had periods when the flame goes out in such circumstances. However, the problem seems to be getting progressively worse. Sometimes we can keep a burner lit by releasing the knob very, very slowly, but this doesn't always work. Any advice would be much appreciated.
Regards
Derek White
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 4 months ago.

That sounds like an LP pressure problem at the tank regulator. That should be checked and adjusted at least once a year and is often neglected. That would be the first place to start. Most shops have a manometer that they can use to check this. Once that is eliminated, we can dig deeper into this. All follow ups are included in our fee.

Expert:  Randall replied 4 months ago.

Just checking back in to see if you got this resolved or do you still need some help and additional input from me here?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Have to get the regulator checked. Will advise when I have done so.
Expert:  Randall replied 4 months ago.

O.K.....or if you need a new one, I would go with a Marshall unit. Best on the market I think.