Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I am shopping new 5th wheel trailer. what type of slide out

Customer Question

I am shopping for a new 5th wheel trailer. what type of slide out mechanism is the most trouble free. or should I ask pros and cons of each. all so how long will a residential fridg last on batts, and what about hyd jacks and electric jacks
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 5 months ago.

They are all about the same and most problems are due to lack of preventative care. Lubrication not done and batteries neglected. Take care of those things and you will have way less issues. Hope that proves helpful here. Please get back to me if you need more on some specific system. All follow ups are included in our fee.

Expert:  Randall replied 5 months ago.

Just checking back in to see if you got this resolved or do you still need some help and additional input from me here?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
if you bought one for yourself witch would you chose
Expert:  Randall replied 5 months ago.

Hard to say, but one thing I can tell you is that all these makes use the same makes of parts, so the quality is going to be about the same. Just be sure you inspect the actual unit carefully including the roof to be sure THAT one is made well. Sometimes it depends on which day it was built and who worked on it. Other than that, it is the features and floorplan that most suits your needs that can be addressed and how anxious the dealer is to make a deal.