Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.

I have a 99 Bounder on F53 chassis. my concern is the heater

Customer Question

I have a 99 Bounder on F53 chassis. my concern is the heater operation. it has dual ac and heater units. the rear heater is my problem, or at least I know it is one of the problems. it works, but seems like there is a problem w the thermostat or the ECC controller. the use the rear heater it will not shut off. finally have to manually turn off. if move thermostat to off position, the fan will still run. have to turn to heat position and turn all the way down and then will not run. other solution is the unplug the heater wiring connector from the ECC. it seams the ACs work ok. trying to determine if the problem is the thermostat or the ECC. any suggestions? In an Intellamatic 00591-200
JA: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?
Customer: I am speaking of the furnaces. sorry if I was not clear.
JA: What year is your F355?
Customer: 99 F53 Bounder
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes. not anything except unplug the heater wire from the ECC controller. purchased recently so just trying to look into it.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: not really. is a dual thermostat.
Category: RV
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I think I put the incorrect brand of ECC. is Intellatec or similar
Expert:  Randall replied 3 months ago.

What is the make and model of your thermostat and the make and model of the furnace in question?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Intelllitec 00597-000 thermostat. I do not remember the furnace. It does not seem to be s furnace issue but in controlls.
The ecc does a lot of clicking also even when hesting wiring connector us unplugged
Expert:  Randall replied 3 months ago.

It might be, but the timed delay relay in the furnace can stick and the motor won't shut off either. That would be easy to check if you can get to the relay from the outside.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
That could be something, but that would not explain why turns off if put back on heat and lower temp very low, but then fan comes on when you place thermostat on off. This is after cool down
Expert:  Randall replied 3 months ago.

Easy enough to find out. Those controllers aren't that expensive and if it isn't that you have a good part for a spare IF one does go out. OR hook up a simple heat only mechanical thermostat to the furnace leads and try it and see if it functions properly.

Expert:  Randall replied 3 months ago.

Just checking back in to see if you were able to get this resolved or do you still need some additional input from me here? This part is HTF in some locations, so get back to me if you need help with that.