gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry
19317657

I plugged in my fleetwood in a 30 amp plug and the ac,

Customer Question

I plugged in my fleetwood in a 30 amp plug and the ac, fridge and microwave don't work
My power control system is saying "wiring status error L 1(neutral L1 ( ) LA
L 2 ,=Ground
Neutral =Ground
Category: RV
Expert:  Michael Reush replied 10 months ago.

Hi, I would check the outlet your plugged into it appears from the readout that two of the prongs are grounds. Are you in a park at home or? thanks

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Back at home now! Was over a friend's house n I think the plug was wired for something that needed a 220 amps. Back at home n plugged it in where I know it works and its still doing the same thing. I have a surge guard rv power protector on it. I've checked the breakers inside
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Is there a surge switch that may have tripped

If you plugged into a 220volt outlet, it probably fried the automatic transfer swtich, this is what changes your power automatically from shore power to gen power. I see you have a fleetwood what model is it? You talk about plugging into a 30 amp circuit does your coach have 30 or 50 amp service?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It has 50 amp but I have a reducer plug that allows access to 30 amps.2014 fleetwood excursion 35e

thanks with you adapating down to the 30 amp and plugging into the 220, was probably for a welder, Im sure your fried the auto transfer switch, now the next issue, where is it? I dont know for sure in your coach. it will normally be near or behind the distribution panel. mounted on the floor looks like this.. click here

going to be somewhere wired into the end of the shoreline, and the breaker panel

I dont know your model, but if you have a rear bed, lift the lid and look under

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It's not in the surge guard box

no its a separate component

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Let me go check. U going to still be here

yes I will be here

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Would it be in the magnum energy inverter/charger model ms 2000

No, sorry I cant tell you exactly where it is, as I was thinking, is the surge protector an add on or was it installed by the factory, please give me the model number of it, thanks

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Surge guard model 40250-RVC 120/240 50A 60 Hz

thanks that is the transfer switch............take the cover off, and with your volt meter, look at the schematic, you have red black white comming in, this is the 50 amp service each leg is 120vac against ground or the neutral. With it plugged in see if the power transfers thru the switch. Check the power out

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Don't have one! Turned on generator and those appliances still don't come on

You dont have a voltmeter? is that what your saying? You need to get one to go any further. Michael