peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.

I have a brand new 2017 Thor Four Winds model 28Z on an

Customer Question

I have a brand new 2017 Thor Four Winds model 28Z on an E-450 Ford Chassis, it came with an after market integrated Axxera system for the radio, CD player, Back-up Camera, etc. When I left the dealer it was working, after a few hundred miles it stopped working - no power to the unit whatsoever...I checked the Coach Fuse box and no blown fuses for the Audio/Video system...I also checked the Ford Fuse box in the cab for the Radio - once again no blown fuse...what is the problem?
Category: RV
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Most likely when it was put together one or more of the connections between the fuses and radio/control itself was not seated properly and worked its way loose.I have seen builds that had this occur before and had to trace the wires for any loose connections as well as damaged wires needing repaired or replaced.Being a new model this is covered under warranty and the dealer should be able to diagnose and repair this at no charge to you.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,a rating of 4 or 5 is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete