Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

All the batteries went bad at the same time.We replaced the

Customer Question

All the batteries went bad at the same time.We replaced the 3 that run the inside of the coach,and all seems fine,now we purchased 2more 12 volt batteries to run the engine.What is the proper way to hook them up ? Please help !!
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 4 months ago.

What is the actual model number of your coach that Winnebago gave this? Once I have that I can help you with the proper diagrams.

Expert:  Randall replied 4 months ago.

Just checking back in to see if you missed my earlier response to your question? I can supply the diagrams you need if you get me the actual model number of your coach.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The model number is ***** ,hope this helps
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I also have another question ,as soon as we get in our driveway air brakes locked up,can't build up enough pressure to get them off. Can you help ?
Expert:  Randall replied 4 months ago.

I don't do brakes in my shop so I am limited on that subject. You should ask that as a new question. The Winnebago model number is ***** just two numbers and a letter. They show a 37H and a 39Z........and I see you just left the space out. Got it! I am adding a link to the battery diagrams. Blow this up if you can and mark them in colored pencil and print them out if you can. Get back to me if you are not sure about any. There should be 5 batteries in all. Two chassis batteries on the left and three house batteries on the right. http://www.winnebagoind.com/diagram/2008/08_p-ser_wire_163666.pdf

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Got the coach batteries hooked up but can't seem to get the starting batteries hooked up correctly .Can you help?
Expert:  Randall replied 4 months ago.

Yes.............look at the photo on the right hand side. The chassis batteries are those two. Parallel them as shown. Positive to positive and negative to negative. Be sure that the cables are clean and free of corrosion. Those two cables in the middle look to be hooked up to a disconnect switch. You would have the positive cable(s) to the chassis to one of those two positives you just paralleled. Either one would be fine. The chassis negative(s) would hook up to the OTHER battery. You don't want both sets of cables to the same battery.

Expert:  Randall replied 4 months ago.

Attach a photo or two to your post if you want. I will also make a phone chat offer for you as some customers prefer that means of communication.

Expert:  Randall replied 4 months ago.

Just checking back in to see if you were able to get this resolved yet or do you still need some additional information from me here?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Model # WKP 39Z
Expert:  Randall replied 4 months ago.

I have that.........I thought you were attaching a photo of the batteries?

Expert:  Randall replied 4 months ago.

I see that you opened up another thread on this same question.

Expert:  Randall replied 3 months ago.

Hopefully, you got this resolved as I didn't hear back from you. You can always return to this posting again if you Bookmark it and we can do a follow up. All part of our service and please take time to enter a rating as that is the only way I get credit for my time spent helping you. Thanks! Be safe........