peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.
14928985

My rv has a motion satellite system the winegard

Customer Question

my rv has a motion satellite system the winegard entertainment box and a audio/video modulator How do I connect these 3 things to my tv
JA: What is the model/year of your RV?
Customer: winneabago 2008 sightseer
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I had a regular direct tv receiver in there until I had to replace it with a HD receiver so we had to get the modulator now I cant figure how to connect it all
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: can't think of anything
Category: RV
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This is something that may need installed/connected by a repair or install facility that works on these components on RV models like this here.It is hard to say for sure from here how the cables and components connect properly without seeing it so this may be your best option here.If this is not an option for you on this here let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,a rating of 4 or 5 is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I appreciate your time. I don't quite know what I had to pay an additional $24 dollars since all you could tell me was you couldn't answer my question without seeing the set up and that I would have to take it to a professional who installs the components. Which is why I tried asking so that I didn't have to pay a technician fee. Thanks for your time.

I apologize if my answer didnt help here.I posted as I saw no one else had replied on this.If you would like I can open your question up for others here to see if anyone else can assist further just let me know if this is something you would like to do.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Not if its going to cost me.......

No extra charge.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete