peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.
14928985

I have a 2001 damon challanger with workhorse chassis,

Customer Question

i have a 2001 damon challanger with workhorse chassis, stoped and went to restart and starter will not turn, all lights come on but when turn to crank nothing not even click. can cross at starter and will crank
Category: RV
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The light beside the parking brake was staying on right before this happen probably around 25 miles normally it goes off right after you crank it up and put it in gear but it's staying on all the time now when you have it switched own.
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 6 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This issue here may be due to a fault with the electronic ignition switch itself.I have seen the ignition switch fail in the past before needing replaced to correct a fault like this here.I have also seen issues on some models with a starter/crank relay at fault needing replaced.The ignition switch and starter/crank relay will need tested to help pinpoint if and which is at fault here and then repaired from there to correct this fault here.I would also have the fault codes checked/read out to see what codes are set as this will also help diagnose and locate the issue here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,a rating of 4 or 5 is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have checked the ignition switch it is fine and have traced yellow wire to the starter relay and it has power when the key is turned to start. have changed the starter relay. I do not have a wiring diagram to check from relay on. Wyman
Customer: replied 6 months ago.