Michael Reush
Michael Reush, RV Technician
Experience:  Serving the rv industry since 1977
10974363

While camping hear a small pop circi, From wall pilug inby

Customer Question

While camping hear a small pop circi
JA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: From wall pilug inby sink tnen not3d circuir breaker flipped reset wall breaker and circuit breaker checked fuse for frige but frigh quit cooling so switched to propane
JA: What year is your Cirri?
Customer: 2years
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Changged fuse yes is there a reset on back of refrig
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Nope
Category: RV
Expert:  Michael Reush replied 4 months ago.

Hi, the pop could have been the gfi near the sink, this circuit also feeds power to the refrigerator, look closely to the outlet and you should see it say test, and reset, press the reset button, and see if it resets, please let me know what happens, thanks

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
it resets and the plug works have checked all fuses and they are good when I try to put the mode to ac on fridge it converts back to propane

Thanks for responding, first go to the back of the refer, open the vent door, and check with your voltmeter to see if there is power at the outlet the refer is plugged into. If there is power there, take the cover off of the control module. and check the fuses on the circuit board, make sure the refer is unplugged from the outlet when you do. What is the model number of the refer? its located on a data sticker inside the refer box. thanks

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Model N510. Yes plug is hot in the vent area where fridge is plugged in all outlets active. Fridge currently working on propane without issues. When I put it on AC mode the light signifies AC goes off within 2seconds

Hi, does the refer give you any failure codes?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Get no failure codes

And as there is power at the outlet its plugged into, take the cover off of the control module at the back, and check the fuses on the circuit board, unplug the cord first, then if the fuses are good, we need to test the heating element. you will see it in the heat stack, follow the two wires to the control board, disconnect the two wires, now test for continuity thru the heater, no resistance is an open element. Please tell me what you see, thanks

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Are there fuse behind the fridge?

yes, inside of the control module on the back there are a couple of fuses

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok will check

thanks, ***** ***** be here

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks may not be for a while

Thats fine, whenever you get an opportunity to check let me know the outcome, Please leave this response unanswered until you are ready as I must respond each time you message me, thanks

Hi, I have not heard from you for a bit wondering how your making out with your refrigerator, thanks Michael