Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I have a 2006 Keystone Laredo. The hot water won't pump.

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Keystone Laredo. The hot water won't pump. Cold works just fine, and the water heater feels hot. It worked fine this morning - and now no water flow.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 4 months ago.

Is that on all faucets? IF so, that sounds like a plugged check valve on the rear of the water heater. IF this is an XT Atwood model it can be the mixing valve is plugged up. Let me know what model you have and we can go from there and I can supply a manual and direct you in a repair. IF this is just one faucet let me know. All follow ups are included in our fee.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
it is all faucets and yes it is an Atwood.
Expert:  Randall replied 4 months ago.

Take a look outside and see what the model number is. I am attaching a link to the Atwood Water Heater Service Manual. Print out a copy so you have it. Lots of good information in there. The check valve is on the top at the tank. It just unscrews out once you drain the tank. Be sure to turn it off and let it cool first. Most shops have one. Not expensive. http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/atwoodwaterheater.pdf

Expert:  Randall replied 4 months ago.

Just checking back in to see if you were able to resolve this issue with the help I provided or do you still need some additional input from me here?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
We havent had a chance to try it - waiting for the part to come in. We live in a rural area, so it takes time. Thank you for your help
Expert:  Randall replied 4 months ago.

You are most welcome! Let me know if you need more.