Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

We are unable to retract our slider and awning. battery is

Customer Question

we are unable to retract our slider and awning. battery is showing low voltage (13.5) but they appear to be fully charged. everything else works as it should
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

I would take a reading at both the chassis and house battery with a volt meter, check all your cables make sure none are loose, follow the cables and make sure there is not another circuit breaker in-line or a large fuse on the frame, many times the items that are not working are wired directly to the battery. What I might try next is to remove the battery cables for a few mins and see if that resets everything. The battery voltage at the batteries should be above 12 volts. IF you have good voltage at the battery, the jacks are saying low voltage and the awning and rooms are not working there has to be a connection point from the battery that is the problem or a tripped breaker at some point, below is a breaker they could be using, on that style there is a small tab that will pop out when they trip, as a general rule they like to stick that 18" from the battery and would be on the frame or inside a battery control box outside..... Hope this helps some..... Robert

Breaker.

Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

Hi... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.....

Robert