gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry

I have a 2006 Sightseer 30. We started our journey on

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Sightseer 30 B. We started our journey on Thursday and all systems were working. Yesterday we found that our auxiliary power was not working. Chassis electrical seems fine. Shorepower works fine. However , when on the road we do not have power for cabin (refer, water pump etc. unless I run generator. Checked breakers and fuses and did not find tripped.As I mentioned, this was fine on Thursday but not now.
Category: RV
Expert:  Michael Reush replied 2 months ago.

Hi, the problem you are having is due to the house batteries not connecting to the house system, do you have a house battery shut off, ?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am not sure about where to look. This is a new vehicle to Me. It has solar panels and an inverter. In the battery box there is a type T fuse. If that fuse is the problem looks like a complicated fix.

Thanks for responding, the coach is going to have a battery shut off, to protect the house batteries for storage, Unfortunatly I do not know where it is exactly, the switch operates a solenoid that when closes, passes power to the coach. What you can do is follow the positive cable from the house batteries, and see if you can find the solenoid, in the meanwhile I will see if I can pin down the location of the switch, usually it would be by the entry door, one for engine battery, and one for house battery

I see the model number in your request, I will view the wiring diagrams for your coach

Look in the dash area for the shutoff switch for the house batteries

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
OK. I am on the road and will check at my next stop. Can I get back to you tomorrow if necessary?

Yes take your time, winnebago normally puts the disconnect on the dash. I ll talk to you tomorrow,, Michael

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Here are photos of my dash controls and the switch near the front door. The aux switch emits a beep when it is shut off. I have tried to turn it on several times but no luck. When I turn off the generator or the shorepower the beep tone is heard.

thanks, ***** ***** it would be the aux battery switch by the door, if its not working we need to locate the solenoid that it operates, It could be in with the house batteries, which are in the step well, open the well, and look for a solenoid that looks like this clickhere