Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.

The un lock lever will not move either way, it is a 1999

Customer Question

the un lock lever will not move either way
JA: What is the model/year of your RV?
Customer: it is a 1999 adventure winnebago
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have sprayed it with an good lube and yes I want to repair it my self
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: the awning is up and the lever is in the unlock position but won't release. also when you pull on the awning the plastic clips seem to go tight on the arms as you pull
JA: Is this your first time dealing with this issue?
Customer: yes
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

Few ideas for you, sometimes these can get stuck pretty good, what you can try is to release the bottom of the front leg and and swing it out some and see if it will release have a second person hold the leg while you try the lock, once it release re-secure the arm. Also might want to try and get a ladder and some pliers and try to wiggle that lever and see if it will release, sometimes moisture can get inside and cause them to be very difficult to unlatch......

Expert:  Robert replied 3 months ago.

HI.... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.....