Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

My jazz by thor 5th wheel has 1 slide out. it has great

Customer Question

my jazz by thor 5th wheel has 1 slide out. it has great difficulty coming in even when plugged into power. we usually have to push on it to get it started then it will take over but its getting worse. is it the motor? is this a normal problem. its about a 2000 year model 27 feet
Category: RV
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I live near Edmonton alberta. if it a motor where would I get a new one. could we install this on our own or does it have to go in?
Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

Need to check the voltage at the battery, the slide out is normally wired directly to the battery, the voltage should be around 12.8 volts and not go under 11 volts when you are trying to run the room, check all the cables as well make sure none are loose or corroded, I might also pull the battery and have it load tested.... I know one place that you might be able to get a motor, he used to be an expert on this site and now runs his own parts store specializing in slide-outs, click HERE for that info. IF you still need more help please let me know.... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

HI.... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.....

Robert