Michael Reush
Michael Reush, RV Technician
Experience:  Serving the rv industry since 1977

Have a penquin ac with heat pump. does not blow steady cold.

Customer Question

have a penquin ac with heat pump. does not blow steady cold. had board replaced last October but now on west coast at ocean. inside and outside temp about 80. what can I do to check unit
Category: RV
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
compressor just kicked on after I opened the door and a few windows??
Expert:  Randall replied 3 months ago.

It is supposed to cycle off and on and not run continuously. What is the model number? Get back to me with this and the make and model of your thermostat and we can go from there.

Expert:  Michael Reush replied 3 months ago.

Hi, looking at the back of the refer do you see 2 control boxes lower one is power supply the upper is the ignition box, If it shuts off soon after ignition, its not sensing the flame and that is what the igniter box (control) does, so if the flame is good, and it shuts off, I would agree replace the igniter box

Please disregard my last post, its a glitch in the system, and meant for another customer, thanks

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Do not want your service. Do not charge me. Will get local advice. You service system does not work for me.