Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I am working on a 2000 prevost H3-45. I have no transmission

Customer Question

I am working on a 2000 prevost H3-45.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have no transmission display, it will not start, and have no fast Idle. Everything else works. The starting problem and fast Idle problem appeared when I lost my transmission display. Yes I plan on fixing it myself.
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: Ni
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No I have checked everything in the main electrical bay and all the fuses you can see and breakers and relays. All appears good. I have not tore into the dash yet or attempted to look under the transmission display.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert....

Prevost is a different animal but maybe I can point you in the right direction, DO you have an Allison shift pad???

Robert

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

OK

Just being honest have not worked on to many Prevost as they are top of the line, however have worked on many other RV'S with Cummins and CAT engines with the Allison shift pad. That will have a control box for the transmission, the plug for the shift pad will go to that control box, inside the control box are two mini fuses and some relays. From my experience when the pad is dead a fuse could be blown in that box. The million dollar question is where it is located. The box will say allison on it and normally have 6 or 8 bolts you have to remove to access the fuses and relays. It could be outside in a storage compartment, in the chassis OR sometimes they will stick that right under the shift pad in the dash.

I would also go to the chassis battery and look for a smaller gage wire and make sure there is not an inline fuse that is blown, in the past they would wire the circuit directly to the chassis battery so check that area as well. IF the pad is dead then the engine will not start as it needs to see neutral...

Hope this helps some...... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

HI.... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped???? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me....

Robert