Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Was cooking, had both ac's on turned on microwave and lost

Customer Question

was cooking, had both ac's on turned on microwave and lost power to the ac's and microwave. checked all the fuses, no tripped breakers. is there another inline fuse for these circuits? I'm at my wits end.
JA: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?
Customer: I have the 12v power and most of the 120v power except the ac's and microwave.
JA: What year is your V?
Customer: what do you mean by v?
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I will fix it but I am at a standstill after all the troubleshooting.i have checked all the breakers, fuses, 50amp connection, battery and inline fuse.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: i just believe that there must be an inline fuse for these units. everything else is working fine.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 4 months ago.

No inline fuses..........check the service breakers at the power source AND in load center in the RV. Flip them off and then back on again. If you have any kind of surge protector check that as well. Let me know what happens. All follow ups are included in our fee.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have done all that. before I emailed. gee, thanks for nothing.
Expert:  Randall replied 4 months ago.

We don't know what you have done or not done here...........but, I will opt out of this and let another tech work on this is they want.

Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert.....

IF you are only missing some of the AC power go around and make sure you do not have a tripped GFI, these are outlets that have a test and reset on them, normally they are in the bathroom and or galley but can be located just about anywhere else including the outside, so you want to look all over make sure one is not hiding. ( I do not see that mentioned)

Next IF you have an inverter go to the inverter and make sure you do not have a breaker tripped, most inverters will have one or two breakers on them and they can be the push button style. IF you find the inverter and can not locate the breakers please let me know.

Also feel free to follow up if needed, my goal is for you to be satisfied with my efforts..... Robert