Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I just purchased a FR30DS by Forest river. I picked it up on

Customer Question

I just purchased a FR30DS by Forest river. I picked it up on the 30th of June. 2016. Since bringing it to the RV Park in Kansas City I have not been able to get the automatic jacks to work. I have reset them when all the lights blink. It indicates a jack is down but it is not and I have tried to retract...nothing goes to error where all lights come on. Today I came home and have no water. I am on a very level lot, hooked up to city water there is water at the hydrant but i get sputter and air mostly in the RV. HELP!!!
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 10 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert....

Sorry to hear you are having issues, for the jack if they are hydraulic you want to make sure the fluid level is to the top of the tank with the jacks retracted. IF it keeps going into error mode and you keep resetting it sounds like an issue with that jack. I would not mess with that as you run the risk of getting the jack stuck down and that can be a hassle to get back up. I would have it looked at under warranty.

For the water issue, go around and open all the faucets and see if you get flow, normally you would get air before you get water flow. Go to the back of the water heater and make sure the valves are in the proper position, you should have a hot, cold and bypass the hot and cold should be open or valve handle running with the pipe and the bypass closed or valve handle against the pipe......

The city water connector should have a regulator built into and a check valve so it is possible that failed, again would have to be looked at under warranty.

Also I would unscrew one of the ends on the faucet, inside should be a screen, want to make sure it is not plugged up, this could happen if you got bad water..... Hope this helps some.... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 10 months ago.

HI.... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped???? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me....

Robert