Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

Have a 2014 Pinnacle - trying to heat water using electric -

Customer Question

Have a 2014 Pinnacle - trying to heat water using electric - no hot water....had in for servicing the whole unit noticed service guys left the on off button near heater in on position when we pulled in here....so not sure if that could have caused something to burn out....need assistance troubleshooting
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 9 months ago.

What is the make and model of the water heater? It will be on the outside once you open up the inspection door. Once I have that I can supply a manual and direct you in some easy testing to sort this out. You will need a small digital multimeter like you can find at most hardware stores for about $20 or so. Easy to use. All follow ups are included in our fee.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Sw12DEL Sububan
Expert:  Randall replied 9 months ago.

The element is in the front on the bottom. Black cap over it. You can take that off (you might want to remove the burner tube first) and test for good AC voltage there. Be sure you use caution as this is 120 VAC and turn the power off untill you are ready to test. If the voltage is good, then we can test the element to see if that is burned out. One step at a time. Let me know what you find and we can go from there. Be sure that the black switch in the lower left hand corner is on when you test.

Expert:  Randall replied 9 months ago.

Jus checking back in to see if you were able to resolve this issue or do you still need some additional input from me here?