Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

My step broke so I had it welded and now none of the

Customer Question

My step broke so I had it welded and now none of the electrical works
JA: What is the model/year of your RV?
Customer: It's 1999
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I've undone the battery before the guy welded it and switched off the electrics, but when I turned everything back on nothing worked. The vehicle does start but I can't get the slide out back in so i can take it home
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: Yes the engine is fine
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Not really no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the RV Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: There must be another fuse or trip switch somewhere
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 4 months ago.

When you disconnected the battery the disconnect solenoid reverted back to the "store" position. Hit the switch and put the battery back into the loop and power should be restored. It is usually on the left side of the dash OR by the entry door. Rocker style switch. Some are on a bronze colored plate with one for the chassis battery as well. Most are made by Intellitec and say that on the panel. I notice that you said "battery" and this should have two house batteries if you have a slide out. One isn't going to do a good job. Many dealers are just too cheap to install two so they can save $100 or so. We see this all the time here and even in my own shop when people come in. Hope that proves helpful here. Please get back to me if we need to investigate this further as all follow ups are included in our fee.

Expert:  Randall replied 4 months ago.

Just checking back in to see if you got all you needed on this question from the information I supplied or do you still need more input here?